The goals for our Career Academy is to help people in times of change. This includes students
- transitioning to a different industry or type of work because of a change in circumstances.
- upskilling because they want to be more valuable to their current employer
- upskilling because they want to start a business, online business or find work as a contractor
One of the most difficult things to gain from any training course, long or short, is experience in using the software in a real world environment – practical skills.
Practical skills comes with experience and experiences breads confidence because you not only know how to use the software but how it is used in a real life situation.
Industry Connect is a series of assignments that reveals common issues faced by accounting staff and professional bookkeepers in their jobs performing bookkeeping for managers and clients.
Industry Connect provides you with a structured approach to understanding common issues faced by existing employees so that you can better communicate with employers.
One of the popular features of Industry Connect is that you get to communicate with a real life bookkeeper, office administrator and digital marketing professional about these skills and tasks – without the fear of needing to appear like you know it all (like you’d have to do in a job interview).
The Career Academy’s original training program for those exploring the numerous paths available in the job market. The JobSeeker program utilises numerous resources to help students understand every aspect of the job, the industry and the macro environment as researched by the Australian Federal Government.
Topics featured in our program include:
- Understanding what YOU are looking for in this job — and better understanding yourself
- Understanding the future opportunities of selected industries
- How to search for jobs
- Creating a high quality resume
- Preparing personalised cover letters and emails for job applications
- Researching the business before make phone contact
- How to conduct yourself in a telephone interview
- How to present yourself at a face-to-face meeting for the job
- Tips from employers about what they are looking for
- Negotiating your package
- Starting your new job.
National Bookkeeping & Office Administration Talent Pool
When you enrol into selected Bookkeeping Certificate and Office Administration Certificate training course packages you get FREE membership to our Talent Pool.
National Bookkeeping is a Bookkeeping Business Startup system that helps people start their own bookkeeping business without the high cost and ongoing royalties of a franchise system. A significant component of this system is teaching graduates how to promote themselves, get discovered online, find potential clients and start earning money working remotely from home as an independent contractor.
Our local awareness marketing also includes course graduates who enrol into a package that incudes membership of the talent pool.
Access Detailed InformationGet information, prices, support and career recommendations
- What You Need to Buy and Grow an Online Bookkeeping Business Congratulations! You’ve decided to quit your boring nine-to-five job and buy an online bookkeeping business. You’ve agreed on a price with the vendor, decorated your home office and you’re ready to go. Before you can start earning money however, there are a few things […]
- Working for free is a last resort, but you’ll learn a LOT and increase your confidence How much you charge for your services will depend on your confidence in your knowledge and experience, as well as your people and conversation skills. If you have been a small business bookkeeper or BAS Agent for five years, […]
- Help Prospects Get To Know You Better With an Online Introduction Video Making cold calls, visiting local businesses and promoting your services online can seem like an insurmountable task when you’re new and inexperienced. You may feel like an imposter, worried that prospective clients will see right through you or that you’ll make a fool […]
- Follow Up Your Introductory Calls With A Well-Worded Email and a Complimentary Value-Add After making your initial phone call to a local accountant, BAS agent or tradesperson the next step is to follow up with an email about your bookkeeping services. Offering a value-add such as a training manual or a free service shows that […]
- How One Childcare Worker Made the Leap and Became a Self-Employed Xero Bookkeeper When Agnest decided to transition from a career in childcare to becoming a self-employed bookkeeper she didn’t make the decision lightly. She had no experience in bookkeeping and as a mother to two small children, she knew that a change would require […]
- How to Get the Industry Experience You Need for Junior Bookkeeping Jobs Many BAS agents and accounting firms will require you to have a formal qualification before considering you for a bookkeeping role. A Certificate IV in Bookkeeping and Accounting will provide you with the minimum training you need to become accredited, but will you […]
- Which of these calls would YOU make to earn income and find work as a bookkeeper? At first glance, making calls to potential clients and employers may seem incredibly daunting, but with the right techniques and a bit of practice you’ll become much more comfortable and increasingly productive for your bookkeeping business. Pick Up The […]
- You need to schedule, confirm and remind clients about meetings You’ve placed an ad for your bookkeeping services, received an enquiry from a prospective client and booked a meeting. Well done! Before you break out the champagne however, there are a few things you need to do to ensure that you don’t lose this client […]
- Get job ads in your inbox and find out which skills businesses are looking for. Bookkeeping and payroll jobs are advertised regularly, however if you want to be eligible for the top jobs it pays to keep yourself informed about what employers are looking for. Setting up alerts on job sites allows you to not […]
- There are dozens of new office admin & bookkeeping job ads EVERY day, even for remote workers! Find out how to get them via email When you’re serious about finding a good office administration or bookkeeping job it pays to have alerts set up on the most popular job search sites. Job alerts save you […]
- What to do when prospects get ‘stuck’ in your Xero bookkeeping sales pipeline Have you ever received an inquiry from a prospective client, only to get the silent treatment or a “thanks, but no thanks” when you try to follow up? Sometimes, no matter how professional you are or how competitive your rates are, some […]
- Why you should require your bookkeeping clients to comply with your Terms of Trade In the excitement of bringing a new bookkeeping client on board, it’s important to keep your feet on the ground and consider some of the practical and legal implications of entering into a new trading relationship – particularly if you are […]