The goals for our Career Academy is to help people in times of change. This includes students
- transitioning to a different industry or type of work because of a change in circumstances.
- upskilling because they want to be more valuable to their current employer
- upskilling because they want to start a business, online business or find work as a contractor
One of the most difficult things to gain from any training course, long or short, is experience in using the software in a real world environment – practical skills. Practical skills comes with experience and experiences breads confidence because you not only know how to use the software but how it is used in a real life situation.
Industry Connect is a series of assignments that reveals common issues faced by accounting staff and professional bookkeepers in their jobs performing bookkeeping for managers and clients.
Industry Connect provides you with a structured approach to understanding common issues faced by existing employees so that you can better communicate with employers.
One of the popular features of Industry Connect is that you get to communicate with a real life bookkeeper, office administrator and digital marketing professional about these skills and tasks – without the fear of needing to appear like you know it all (like you’d have to do in a job interview).
The Career Academy’s original training program for those exploring the numerous paths available in the job market. The JobSeeker program utilises numerous resources to help students understand every aspect of the job, the industry and the macro environment as researched by the Australian Federal Government.
Topics featured in our program include:
- Understanding what YOU are looking for in this job — and better understanding yourself
- Understanding the future opportunities of selected industries
- How to search for jobs
- Creating a high quality resume
- Preparing personalised cover letters and emails for job applications
- Researching the business before make phone contact
- How to conduct yourself in a telephone interview
- How to present yourself at a face-to-face meeting for the job
- Tips from employers about what they are looking for
- Negotiating your package
- Starting your new job.