123 Group Pty Ltd has been helping people use technology to earn an income since 2004.
Certificate in Xero Training
Combine knowledge, experience and technology
to achieve your own career goals.
MYOB & Xero Training Courses & Certification
We are the Career Academy for National Bookkeeping with a focus on online training courses and support.
Learn how to become a remote workers using the Internet to provide services to an employer or clients as a micro business owner (Virtual Assistant).
Industry created and accredited courses and real world case studies and professional introductions will
- increase your knowledge,
- improve your understanding about how to use technology, and
- give you confidence in performing real work in real working & business environments.
Learn more about us and trust that you are working with an established business that has your career and future prospects in mind.
Work from home using technology skills
There are skills you can learn that are valuable to every business and most of these can now be performed remote, working from home.
These remote working skills include:
- website design,
- website and software analyst
- office support and virtual assistant,
- office administration,
- sales representative,
- customer service,
- copy writer,
- blog writer,
- email marketing writer,
- social media marketing,
- software programmer
- software and DevOps engineer
See some of the businesses we’ve been involved with and how we help students use what they have learnt to get real world experience.
Skills and Training for Work-at-home Jobs
Working at home has become the new normal for most people but for our team its been like that for over 10 years. Our team work remotely from their own homes using technology that enables us to
- promote our products and services,
- take orders,
- provide customer service,
- manage our accounting and
- collaborate on team projects.
Some jobs can be performed remotely from home and other jobs are perfect for doing at home.
Many more jobs are now available to people working remotely from home than ever before and recent events make it even more important to be able to work from home.
Many of our recent graduates are now in the National Bookkeeping Talent Pool to get discovered by local employers and small businesses looking for a bookkeeper.
Structured Courses & Industry Connect
Digital Marketing Training Courses
Digital marketing is no longer a task left to a dedicated sales and marketing staff member – not for small businesses.
Students who complete our office administration courses and are applying for jobs are discovering that more and more of the job descriptions include digital marketing tasks.
If you are exploring starting your own bookkeeping business or becoming a virtual assistant, digital marketing is a critical skill that will help you get discovered by potential customers.
Online Business Training Courses
It’s now acceptable to work from home performing most of the tasks that could only be performed in the office in 2019!
Working from home is something you can do as an employee but many remote workers are running online businesses contracting to several different clients. This spreads the risk and provides variety.
Running an online business enables you to earn an income from where ever you want to live! You’re no longer restricted to living within 20km or 1 hour of where you work.
Our Skills focused courses
Advanced Certificate in Accounting and Bookkeeping courses
Learn how to use
Advanced Certificate in Office Support & Administration
- Microsoft Office Word,
- Microsoft Excel,
- Microsoft PowerPoint and
- Microsoft Outlook
Advanced Certificate Digital Marketing, Communications, Social Media and Advertising Courses
- Linkedin and more
Be 100% certain of the best path forward in your education, training, career services and employment. Discover Digital Marketing Courses
Get detailed Course Information
The Career Academy Jobseeker Training Program and online short courses gives you an opportunity to learn, practice and connect.
You’ll receive details about current special offers and discounts, including 40% discounts and $25 per week payment plans, PLUS Industry Connect with practising professionals.
Career Support Blog Posts
- Experience is a critical component of your job application, but it shouldn’t be limited to bookkeeping work. Most job ads will ask for ‘suitably qualified’ or ‘experience in a similar role’ in an effort to attract the best candidates, however that doesn’t mean that only experienced bookkeepers should apply. Applicants with relevant experience in a […]
- A degree qualified applicant with limited work experience CAN still be a good candidate for local jobs. Job applicants with formal qualifications and no work experience are often overlooked by potential employers, however there are several steps you can take to get your resumé noticed and improve your chances of being hired. Some skills and […]
- Identifying your skill gaps and refreshing your resumé are CRITICAL to winning the job of your dreams. You’d be forgiven for thinking that your resumé only needs updating when you change jobs or complete a training course. Twenty years ago this would have been acceptable, however due to recent technological advances and the increasing volume […]
- Overcome your fears and take your career to the NEXT LEVEL. If you’ve ever had to deliver a presentation, sit an exam or attend an important job interview, you will have most likely experienced the palpitating heart and sweaty palms that accompany any of us in a high stress situation. It’s perfectly normal. Most of […]
- Valuing a business based on revenue and growth rate is more important for your own business. Putting a value on a business for sale is not always as simple as taking the yearly cash flow and multiplying it by four. When evaluating the sale price of an online business you need to factor in not […]
- An Information Memorandum for prospective investors should include a FUTURE earnings forecast based on milestones and achievements to date. When you’re evaluating the purchase of an online business there’s more to the income generating potential than what you first see. The figures presented in the profit and loss report reveal the past and current trading […]
- What will potential clients see when they click on your Google Ad? A well crafted Google Ad with an attractive offer will improve your click through rate, but what your bookkeeping prospects see next will decide whether or not they take the next step towards booking your services. What Is a Landing Page? The purpose […]
- Learn how to use paid ads effectively to attract new clients and grow your online business. Businesses offering professional services such as bookkeeping, customer service or virtual assistant services typically find themselves competing against other businesses who are advertising the same services, at the same price, in the same place. That doesn’t mean that you […]
- Customise your online business purchase with a bespoke business solution. If you’re purchasing a business off the shelf, chances are that you will inherit some operational aspects that you don’t want. Perhaps the business is currently supplying products or services that are irrelevant to your long term business objectives. What if there are additional services […]
- Measuring the effectiveness of your Google Ads campaign will improve ad quality and help you find your ideal bookkeeping clients. In our previous blog we talked about how Google Ads can help you to reach more potential clients for your Xero bookkeeping business. We decided on a budget, designed an ad, built a website landing […]
Is the Career Academy recognised in Australia?
Yes, Workface Career Academy is the student support service from 123 Group Pty Ltd. Combined with the thorough training curriculum of our National Bookkeeping training courses and local awareness marketing for contract bookkeepers we can help students gain confidence by up-skilling in the use of MYOB, Xero, QuickBooks Online and Microsoft Office software programs.
We are recognised by employers and recommended by Rehab Consultants and Industry Practitioners.
If you are looking for a Nationally Accredited Course in Accounting and Bookkeeping our courses can be combined with the Cert IV in Bookkeeping and Accounting of our Registered Training Organisation (RTO) partner, Think Academy.
How can you help me find accounts jobs?
Accounting jobs are wide and varied and there are many niches within the industry. Our industry connections and long established support team can help you with everything from training and courses to get an Advanced Certificate in Bookkeeping, help in perfecting your job search and application skills, provide opportunities for students to become tutors and even earnings guarantees for selected training and marketing packages.
Click here for more information.
Can your Career Academy help me start a bookkeeping business?
Yes, via our National Bookkeeping Career Academy service we can provide you with a pathway to up-skill, gain confidence, get practical use of the software and explore opportunities to promote yourself, get discovered online and find bookkeeping clients.
Learn more about starting a bookkeeping business
Can I earn CPD points with your Career Academy’s MYOB & Xero Courses?
Yes, you can earn CPD points from our Office and Business Administration Certificate courses too. That includes mastering Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Learn more about CPD points for Xero, MYOB and Excel Courses
How long can I access the Xero, MYOB and MS Office Courses?
You can access your courses for 12 months from the date of enrolment. Most courses take MUCH less time to complete but you can access any updated training materials and support from our team for the full 12 months – a great resources once you get your accounts job too.
Can I get a further 12 months course extension?
Yes. If you need more time to access the course resources or complete your studies consider our Career Academy Continuous Access membership.
Are we associated with a Career Academy in New Zealand?
NO, definitely not. Some students have confused us with the Career Academy that is head quartered in New Zealand and has been charged with 33 counts of misleading and deceptive advertising. We have no association with this organisation at all.
Is the Career Academy accredited with IAB or ICEOS?
No. We explored these websites and the IAB appears to be in someone’s home in the US and the ICEOS website contact page only has a form and when you do a whois search to see who owns the domain name every contact detail comes up as “Redacted for privacy”.
True accreditation for accounting and bookkeeping in Australia is provided by ASQA and only Registered Training Organisations can deliver and assess Nationally Recognised courses. We partner with Think Academy in Melbourne for any Nationally Accredited Courses such as the Cert IV in Bookkeeping.
123 Group Pty Ltd and Workface Career Academy are NOT accredited with IAB, nor ICEOS and have no plans to join these websites. We do have team members who have vocational and tertiary qualifications in Accounting and Bookkeeping. Some of them may also be members of Xero, MYOB and QuickBooks Accreditation programs.